Thursday, July 04, 2013

4th of July - Fragment 7 - Oh Say Can You See

... I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love any fucking film or book based around the underbelly of society. I’ve always loved that. But on the other hand, I’m kind of simple in the way that I love the movement of a super-eight flag waving in the wind. The same with the palm trees and that sepia color of the fifties film. Like a lot of my choices {i de håndlavede, tidlige videoer} had to do with the grade of the film. It was that simple, purely aesthetic. Same with my interest in photographers and things like that. A lot of it is just the look of it. I just like it.









Do you consider yourself patriotic?
Not anymore.
You were still living in America when Obama took over. Did that change things for you?
The first election? I was happy for the American people because he was a symbol that they needed to feel better.
Do you have opinions on healthcare reform or . . .
I have a lot of political opinions.
Yeah? Let’s hear some of them.
I get a lot of grief for just talking about my own musical choices. I don’t usually talk about my views these days that much on politics.
Do you consider yourself to be political?
Yeah, definitely.



Shortly, healthcare.
Well, it’s complicated because everything has changed for me. Before I had no money. And now everything I make, I lose. So I don’t have money again, because I lose half. Healthcare reform—that needed to be addressed. I still don’t have health insurance because I haven’t been back to the United States since the time when I couldn’t afford healthcare because it was seven hundred dollars a month. {hun bor mest i UK, fordi hendes fyr er skotte}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home